Monday, 19 March 2018, 6 – 7 pm
Professor Thomas Poole,
London School of Economics
‘The Case for the Federative: A Foreign Relations Power for the Age of Statutes’
Venue: Institute for Advanced Legal Studies
Click here to book
Monday, 25 June 2018, 6 – 7 pm
Professor David Ormerod QC
The New Sentencing Code
Monday, 15 October 2018, 6 – 7 pm
Professor Alison L. Young
Sir David Williams Professor of Public Law, University of Cambridge
[lecture title to be confirmed]
Monday, 19 November 2018, 6 – 7 pm
The 2018 Annual Lord Renton Lecture
will be given by Lady Hale of Richmond, President of the Supreme Court
Save the date!
SLS lectures are free to attend and all are welcome. To receive alerts about lectures consider joining the Society. For membership details click here.
The Statute Law Society was founded in 1968 and has members throughout Britain, Europe and the Commonwealth. The Society is a charitable body which aims to educate the legal profession and the public about the legislative process, with a view to encouraging improvements in statute law.
The current President of the Society is Lord Dyson, former Justice of the Supreme Court and Master of the Rolls, the head of the civil judiciary in England and Wales. Lord Justice Sales is the Chairman of the Council. For details of other members of the Council click here.
The Society fulfils its brief by:
- Keeping members informed via our Legislative E-mail alerts
- updates on literature of interest
- lectures and events offered by the Society and other groups
- organising Statute Law Society lectures and conferences.
- providing opportunities for informal discussion among members of the legislative community through Society events. Constitution of the Statute Law Society
The Statute Law Society is a registered Charity. No. 261226