The 2021 Annual Lord Renton Lecture will be given by
Lady Arden of Heswall,
Justice of the Supreme Court.
25 November 2021, 6pm
Bentham House, UCL, London and online
“What makes good statute law: a judge’s view”
Booking will open shortly
Devolution and the Statute Book
The 2020 Annual Lord Renton Lecture was given on 15 December 2020 by The Rt Hon. James Wolffe QC, Lord Advocate of Scotland
To download the text of the lecture CLICK HERE
Thinking policy through before legislating – aspirational legislation
To read the text of the 2019 Lord Renton lecture, given by The Rt Hon. The Lord Thomas of Cwmgiedd PC, former Lord Chief Justice of England and Wales CLICK HERE
To receive alerts about lectures consider joining the Society. For membership details click here.
The Statute Law Society was founded in 1968 and has members throughout Britain, Europe and the Commonwealth. The Society is a charitable body which aims to educate the legal profession and the public about the legislative process, with a view to encouraging improvements in statute law.
The current President of the Society is Lord Sales, Justice of the Supreme Court.
The Hon Mr Justice Garnham is the current Chairman of the Council.
For details of other members of the Council click here.
The Society fulfils its brief by:
- Keeping members informed via our Legislative E-mail alerts
- updates on literature of interest
- lectures and events offered by the Society and other groups
- organising Statute Law Society lectures and conferences.
- providing opportunities for informal discussion among members of the legislative community through Society events.