Statute Law Society 2019 Conference
Friday, 10 May 2019
Noon to 5.30 pm
Venue: Prince Philip House, 3 Carlton House Terrace, London
“Implications of Brexit for the Statute Book”
Judge Ian Forrester
Professor Catherine Barnard
Profesor Aileen Mcharg
Sir Stephen Laws
The conference will be introduced by the Rt Hon Dominic Grieve QC MP
The conference will be Chaired by Mr Justice Garnham
Booking will open shortly.
To download the slide presentation that accompanied Law Commissioner Prof David Ormerod QC’s lecture to the Society on 25 June 2018 click here.
To watch a video of the talk given to the Society by Prof. Thomas Poole of the LSE on 19 March 2018, click here.
Statute Law Society Conference
Friday, 9 May 2019
Save the date. Details will be circulated in the Autumn.
To receive alerts about lectures consider joining the Society. For membership details click here.
The Statute Law Society was founded in 1968 and has members throughout Britain, Europe and the Commonwealth. The Society is a charitable body which aims to educate the legal profession and the public about the legislative process, with a view to encouraging improvements in statute law.
The current President of the Society is Lord Sales, Justice of the Supreme Court. The Hon Mr Justice Garnham is the current Chairman of the Council. For details of other members of the Council click here.
The Society fulfils its brief by:
- Keeping members informed via our Legislative E-mail alerts
- updates on literature of interest
- lectures and events offered by the Society and other groups
- organising Statute Law Society lectures and conferences.
- providing opportunities for informal discussion among members of the legislative community through Society events. Constitution of the Statute Law Society
The Statute Law Society is a registered Charity. No. 261226