Wednesday, 22 March 2023, 6-7.30 pm,
Venue: Bentham House, WC1H 0EG and online
“Putting the Genie Back in the Bottle: Reviving Prerogative Powers”
The subject will be issues around expanding and contracting the Prerogative, focusing (but not exclusively) on the issues that arose in the repeal of the Fixed-term Parliaments Act.
Panel Discussion to be Chaired by Daniel Greenberg CB
Professor Robert Hazell, Constitution Unit, UCL
Professor Jeff King, UCL
Professor Satvinder Juss, King’s College London
To Book CLICK HERE
SAVE THE DATE ……
The next Statute Law Society conference will take place in London on Friday afternoon, 19 May 2023.
Details to follow in due course.
To receive alerts about lectures consider joining the Society. For membership details click here.
The Statute Law Society was founded in 1968 and has members throughout Britain, Europe and the Commonwealth. The Society is a charitable body which aims to educate the legal profession and the public about the legislative process, with a view to encouraging improvements in statute law.
The current President of the Society is Lord Sales, Justice of the Supreme Court.
The Hon Mr Justice Garnham is the current Chairman of the Council.
For details of other members of the Council click here.
The Society fulfils its brief by:
- Keeping members informed via our Legislative E-mail alerts
- updates on literature of interest
- lectures and events offered by the Society and other groups
- organising Statute Law Society lectures and conferences.
- providing opportunities for informal discussion among members of the legislative community through Society events.