Monday, 19 March 2018, 6 – 7 pm
[note new date]
Professor Thomas Poole,
London School of Economics
Title of lecture to be confirmed
Venue: Institute of Advanced Legal Studies, Russell Square, London
“Statutory Interpretation: the Myth of Parliamentary Intent”
The text of the 2017 Renton Lecture
given by Sir John Laws on Monday,
13 November 2017 has
been posted in the Library. Click here to read.
SLS lectures are free to attend and all are welcome. To receive alerts about lectures consider joining the Society. For membership details click here.
The Statute Law Society was founded in 1968 and has members throughout Britain, Europe and the Commonwealth. The Society is a charitable body which aims to educate the legal profession and the public about the legislative process, with a view to encouraging improvements in statute law.
The current President of the Society is Lord Dyson, former Justice of the Supreme Court and Master of the Rolls, the head of the civil judiciary in England and Wales. Lord Justice Sales is the Chairman of the Council. For details of other members of the Council click here.
The Society fulfils its brief by:
- Keeping members informed via our Legislative E-mail alerts
- updates on literature of interest
- lectures and events offered by the Society and other groups
- organising Statute Law Society lectures and conferences.
- providing opportunities for informal discussion among members of the legislative community through Society events. Constitution of the Statute Law Society
The Statute Law Society is a registered Charity. No. 261226