Date: Monday, 19 November 2018
Time: 6 – 7 pm
Venue: Institute of Advanced Legal Studies, Russell Square, London
2018 LORD RENTON LECTURE
will be given by
Lady Hale of Richmond
President of the Supreme Court
Statute or case law: how should we develop the law?
Chair: Lord Justice Sales
This is a free event and all are welcome. To register click here.
To download the slide presentation that accompanied Law Commissioner Prof David Ormerod QC’s lecture to the Society on 25 June 2018 click here.
To watch a video of the talk given to the Society by Prof. Thomas Poole of the LSE on 19 March 2018, click here.
Statute Law Society Conference
Friday, 9 May 2019
Save the date. Details will be circulated in the Autumn.
To receive alerts about lectures consider joining the Society. For membership details click here.
The Statute Law Society was founded in 1968 and has members throughout Britain, Europe and the Commonwealth. The Society is a charitable body which aims to educate the legal profession and the public about the legislative process, with a view to encouraging improvements in statute law.
The current President of the Society is Lord Dyson, former Justice of the Supreme Court and Master of the Rolls, the head of the civil judiciary in England and Wales. Lord Justice Sales is the Chairman of the Council. For details of other members of the Council click here.
The Society fulfils its brief by:
- Keeping members informed via our Legislative E-mail alerts
- updates on literature of interest
- lectures and events offered by the Society and other groups
- organising Statute Law Society lectures and conferences.
- providing opportunities for informal discussion among members of the legislative community through Society events. Constitution of the Statute Law Society
The Statute Law Society is a registered Charity. No. 261226